PSG agree fee to sign Eintracht Frankfurt striker Randal Kolo Muani

Forum 8 months ago

PSG agree fee to sign Eintracht Frankfurt striker Randal Kolo Muani

Paris Saint-Germain have agreed a fee to sign Eintracht Frankfurt striker Randal Kolo Muani, 90min understands.

After losing Lionel Messi earlier this summer, PSG have been working to rejuvenate their forward line and have already recruited Ousmane Dembele, Marco Asensio, Lee Kang-in, Bradley Barcola and Goncalo Ramos.

Kolo Muani, who was born in the same Paris suburb as Kylian Mbappe, quickly emerged as PSG's top target but Frankfurt were only prepared to sell their star striker, who racked up 15 goals and 14 assists in 32 Bundesliga outings last season, for a huge fee.

Sources have confirmed to 90min that, after months of negotiations, a fee of €90m (£77m) has been agreed between the two clubs.

PSG and Frankfurt are now working on the final details of an agreement but the main stumbling block remains Frankfurt's need to find a replacement before the Bundesliga transfer window closes at 17:00 (BST).

PSG have repeatedly offered Hugo Ekitike to Frankfurt in exchange and remain hopeful that the 21-year-old will end up making the move to Germany.

A handful of clubs from across Europe have voiced their interest in Ekitike, who managed just four goals and four assists in 32 appearances across all competitions last year. The Frenchman was on loan with PSG as part of a deal which became permanent this summer for a fee of around €35m (£30m).

PSG are prepared to take a loss on Ekitike and are looking for buyers, but their preference would be to send the striker to Frankfurt to ensure their pursuit of Kolo Muani does not collapse.

However, 90min understands Ekitike's representatives currently favour a switch to the Premier League, where Brentford and West Ham United are known admirers.

Luis Enrique's side have been incredibly active this summer, with Kolo Muani lined up to become the 12th senior addition. Manuel Ugarte, Lucas Hernandez, Xavi Simons, Milan Skriniar, Arnau Tenas and Cher Ndour have also moved to Parc des Princes this summer.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
UCL: Real Madrid will beat PSG in final, I’ll smash Mbappe – Rudiger
Forum | 1 day ago

UCL: Real Madrid will beat PSG in final, I’ll smash Mbappe – Rudiger

EPL: I actually like him – Gary Neville on Chelsea striker who has missed 21 big chances
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: I actually like him – Gary Neville on Chelsea striker who has missed 21 big chances

FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job
Forum | 5 days ago

FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat
Forum | 2 weeks ago

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat