Chelsea confirm signing of Cole Palmer from Man City

Forum 8 months ago

Chelsea confirm signing of Cole Palmer from Man City

Chelsea have completed the signing of England Under-21 international Cole Palmer from Manchester City.

The Blues have been incredibly active all summer, with Palmer's £45m switch from the Etihad Stadium taking their spending to well over £400m.

After losing another expensive recruit, Christopher Nkunku, to injury, Chelsea wanted to find another creative midfielder to bolster their ranks and, after a move for Crystal Palace's Michael Olise collapsed, Blues officials turned to Palmer.

The deal is now finalised, with Palmer inking a seven-year contract at Stamford Bridge with the option to extend by a further 12 months.

"I’m excited to get started and it feels great to sign," Palmer told club media. "I've joined Chelsea because the project here sounds good and because of the platform I will have to try to showcase my talents. It is a young and hungry squad and, hopefully, we can do something special here."

Sporting directors Laurence Stewart and Paul Winstanley added: "Cole arrives with experience of winning the Premier League and Champions League and adds further quality and versatility to our attacking unit.

"He has showcased his talent and potential in the most challenging environments and delivered on the international stage for England this summer at the European Under-21 Championships. He is undoubtedly ready for this next step and we are delighted it will be with Chelsea."

Before the move was made official, Palmer said his goodbyes to City on social media.

"Manchester City has been a part of my life for 15 years and it’s all I’ve ever known since the age of six," he wrote on Instagram.

"I have been very lucky to work with some amazing people along the way. To the coaches the staff, the physios and to all the people behind the scenes. I am very grateful and just want to thank you for helping me become who I am today.

"Also I would like to thank my team mates for the most amazing memories we created on and off the pitch together. I will never forget them, it was an honour to play with you all and I wish you all the best of luck.

"Thank you to Pep Guardiola and his staff for the opportunity’s to play for this amazing club and giving me the memories only a small few can ever dream of, I will be forever grateful.

"Finally to the fans, thanks for all the support you have shown me as one of your own. Manchester City will always hold a special place in my heart."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Guardiola singles out five Man City players after 2-0 win at Nottingham Forest
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Guardiola singles out five Man City players after 2-0 win at Nottingham Forest

EPL: Roy Keane makes title prediction after Arsenal, Man City wins
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Roy Keane makes title prediction after Arsenal, Man City wins

Keke Palmer & SZA to Lead Buddy Comedy Movie From Issa Rae
Forum | 3 days ago

Keke Palmer & SZA to Lead Buddy Comedy Movie From Issa Rae

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag