Don’t place paid adverts on my birthday – Shettima

Forum 8 months ago

Don’t place paid adverts on my birthday – Shettima

…calls for donations to charity homes

As Vice President Kashim Shetima celebrates his birthday Saturday, he has urged friends and well-wishers not to place birthday wishes on newspaper pages nor make use of any paid channels to convey their goodwill messages.

Shettima gave the directive on Thursday night via his X account, urging well-wishers to consider celebrating the occasion in a different way.

According to him, this is to ensure optimum commitment and management of the nation’s resources for responsive governance.

“I would like to take this opportunity to humbly request that you consider celebrating this occasion in a different way. In the spirit of our nation’s commitment to responsible resource management and responsive governance, I kindly ask you to refrain from placing birthday wishes on newspaper pages or utilizing paid channels to convey your greetings,” he said.

He implored every well-wisher intending to celebrate him through media publication to donate to charity organisations in need.

“Instead of spending resources on such messages, I encourage you to contribute to the betterment of our society by donating to charity organizations in need, or your preference, in our collective pursuit of a humane and functional world,” the VP added.

He, however, expressed gratitude for the wishes he had received in the past years, adding that, “Your thoughtfulness has touched my heart and has been a source of immense joy.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Lizard Don Mad Again - Peruzzi Slams Wizkid For Shading Davido
Forum | 1 day ago

Lizard Don Mad Again - Peruzzi Slams Wizkid For Shading Davido

Mr Macaroni Defends Don Jazzy Following Wizkid’s Controversial Remark
Forum | 1 day ago

Mr Macaroni Defends Don Jazzy Following Wizkid’s Controversial Remark

Wizkid’s Old Tweet Hailing Don Jazzy as ‘Role Model’ Surfaces Online Amid Controversy
Forum | 1 day ago

Wizkid’s Old Tweet Hailing Don Jazzy as ‘Role Model’ Surfaces Online Amid Controversy

Davido Spoils His Wife, Chioma, With Wads of Dollar BIlls Ahead of Her Birthday on April 30
Forum | 1 week ago

Davido Spoils His Wife, Chioma, With Wads of Dollar BIlls Ahead of Her Birthday on April 30