Bayern Munich make decision on Trevoh Chalobah deal

Forum 7 months ago

Bayern Munich make decision on Trevoh Chalobah deal

Bayern Munich have backed away from talks with Chelsea over centre-back Trevoh Chalobah after the Blues declined to lower their asking price, 90min understands.

While an injury has delayed his start to the season, Chalobah has been made available for transfer by Chelsea officials and Bayern had identified the 24-year-old as a potential replacement for Benjamin Pavard, who has joined Inter.

Bayern's pursuit has been led by former Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel, who introduced Chalobah to the Blues first team in the 2021/22 campaign and handed the defender 31 appearances across all competitions.

While Bayern had sought a loan deal, Chelsea made it clear they would only entertain such an offer if it included an obligation to buy, setting their asking price for Chalobah at £50m.

Talks between the two clubs over the past few days have made little progress and now sources have confirmed to 90min that Bayern have cooled their push for Chalobah.

Chelsea have stuck to their asking price of £50m - deemed a fair price for a homegrown talent whose contract runs until 2028 and also includes the option for a further 12 months - but Bayern do not share that valuation.

While Chelsea remain open to offers for Chalobah, just whether any other suitors would be prepared to meet their asking price remains to be seen.

As for Bayern, the German side remain in contact with Tottenham Hotspur over Eric Dier, who has been recommended to the Bundesliga champions by former Spurs teammate Harry Kane.

Dier has just 12 months remaining on his contract and so Spurs are also standing firm on the need for a permanent sale, whereas Bayern are still looking for a loan signing.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out
Forum | 1 week ago

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out

Martin Scorsese Hoping to Make Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence
Forum | 1 week ago

Martin Scorsese Hoping to Make Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence

UCL: They can make it difficult- Klinsmann picks team to win Bayern vs Arsenal
Forum | 1 week ago

UCL: They can make it difficult- Klinsmann picks team to win Bayern vs Arsenal

Simi And Adekunle Gold Make Me Regret Being Single – Tiwa Savage
Forum | 1 week ago

Simi And Adekunle Gold Make Me Regret Being Single – Tiwa Savage