Bible Society canvasses scripture reading

Forum 7 months ago

Bible Society canvasses scripture reading

The General Secretary and Chief Executive Officer of the Bible Society of Nigeria, Samuel Sanusi, has called on Nigerians to cultivate the habit of daily Bible reading.

He believes it will help reduce corruption and social ills in the country.

Speaking during the opening ceremony of the 21st annual Marathon Bible reading on Sunday at the Bola Memorial Anglican Church, Ikeja, Lagos, Sanusi, who was represented by the Assistant General Secretary, Finance, Mrs Yemisi Oluwagbemi, the study of the Scripture would encourage Nigerians to imbibe godly virtues.

He stated, “I, therefore, want to use this medium to call on Nigerians to return to God by reading and obeying His Word. If we do this, corruption, insecurity, and other social ills prevalent in the country will be very minimal.”

According to the BSN CEO, the Marathon Bible reading is one of the ways to achieve part of the society’s mission statement, which is to help people engage with the Word of God.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Grosse Pointe Garden Society Cast Adds Aja Naomi King to NBC Murder Drama
Forum | 3 days ago

Grosse Pointe Garden Society Cast Adds Aja Naomi King to NBC Murder Drama

I’m Tired of Reading Your Dumb Advice - Femi Adebayo’s Wife Slams Online Aunties
Forum | 3 days ago

I’m Tired of Reading Your Dumb Advice - Femi Adebayo’s Wife Slams Online Aunties

Bill On Power Rotation Among Geo-political Zones Passes First Reading In Senate
Forum | 1 month ago

Bill On Power Rotation Among Geo-political Zones Passes First Reading In Senate

JAMB clears the rumours concerning reading texts for 2024 UTME
Forum | 1 month ago

JAMB clears the rumours concerning reading texts for 2024 UTME