Chelsea & Man City agree fee for Cole Palmer transfer

Forum 8 months ago

Chelsea & Man City agree fee for Cole Palmer transfer

Chelsea have agreed a £45m deal with Manchester City for the transfer of 21-year-old forward Cole Palmer, 90min understands.

Interest in Palmer has surfaced as part of a drive to boost Mauricio Pochettino's attacking options, having already seen an enquiry regarding Arsenal's Emile Smith Rowe rejected earlier this week.

Manchester-born Palmer made 25 appearances for City last season, although only seven of those were as a starter. So far this season, he has scored in the Community Shield and UEFA Super Cup, but 10 minutes at the end of a routine 3-0 win over Burnley is his only Premier League game time.

"Obviously, the best scenario is to stay at City and play," Palmer said after the Super Cup. "But obviously you know what the competition is like, if they bring someone in. I just want to play football. So whatever the best decision is when we speak together, that is what I will do."

Pep Guardiola said of the situation around the same time: "I don't think a loan is going to happen. He's going to stay or he's going to be sold."

With the subject of his future up in the air as Friday’s transfer deadline began to draw near, Palmer had been seeking assurances about his playing time at City that Guardiola wasn't able to give. The City boss does rate him, but let Palmer know that he was free to go if he didn't want to stay and fight for a place. Chelsea got an encouraging response when they contacted his representatives.

90min understands that Palmer has already been given permission to undergo a Chelsea medical.

City recently secured the big money signing of winger Jeremy Doku from Rennes and are in the final stages of bringing in midfielder Matheus Nunes after agreeing a £47m fee with Wolves.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Neville names three signing Chelsea should make to compete for title next season
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Neville names three signing Chelsea should make to compete for title next season

Transfer: Lazio target summer move for Super Eagles midfielder
Forum | 3 days ago

Transfer: Lazio target summer move for Super Eagles midfielder

EPL: I actually like him – Gary Neville on Chelsea striker who has missed 21 big chances
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: I actually like him – Gary Neville on Chelsea striker who has missed 21 big chances

Edo Police Arrest Cultists Who Allegedly Killed Man In Daughter’s Presence
Forum | 3 days ago

Edo Police Arrest Cultists Who Allegedly Killed Man In Daughter’s Presence