Tinubu mourns Akinkunmi, says he left ‘generational legacy’

Forum 7 months ago

Tinubu mourns Akinkunmi, says he left ‘generational legacy’

President Bola Tinubu has mourned the passing away of the designer of the Nigerian flag, Taiwo Akinkunmi, saying he left a generational legacy.

Tinubu in a statement, Wednesday by his spokesman, Ajuri Ngelale also condoled with the family of the late patriot

Akinkunmi passed away at the age of 87.

The President said the late Akinkunmi “dedicated his life to the service of the nation, sharing knowledge and experience with old and young, and inspiring many to think and act patriotically”.

“The President affirms that the Green and White flag is a legacy that has consistently reflected the fruitfulness, resilience, and harmony enjoyed by the nation, and the boldness and uniqueness with which Nigerians characteristically reach for and achieve success around the world.

“President Tinubu believes Pa Akinkunmi lived and worked for the greatness of the country, and rests eternally with a place of honour in Nigeria’s history,” the statement read.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 1 day ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’
Forum | 3 days ago

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday
Forum | 3 days ago

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday

Jerry Seinfeld Says Movie Business Is ‘Over’
Forum | 4 days ago

Jerry Seinfeld Says Movie Business Is ‘Over’