American Singer And Producer, August 08 Dies At 31

Forum 7 months ago

American Singer And Producer, August 08 Dies At 31

August 08, a popular American rapper and producer with Def Jam Recordings, is dead.

He passed on at 31 with his cause of death still yet to be revealed.

His death was announced by his former record label, 88rising and in an Instagram post shared by his family.

August 08, real name Ray Davon Jacobs, was best-known for co-writing Justin Bieber's hit song Sorry as well as DJ Khaled's hit I'm the One.

Sharing a picture of August 08 on social media, 88rising wrote: "
It is with great sadness that we mourn the loss of Ray Jacobs, also known as AUGUST 08. RIP August the kindest and most talented genius you will be missed beyond words.

"Thank you for being an amazing mentor and a steadfast friend through all these years. We are forever grateful to you and the joy you brought in every room, through every song. Your energy, guidance and care gave so much inspiration and strength that will be carried on always."

The statement ended: "Thank you for helping us be brave. We will miss you so much, love you August."

August 08's sister LaSherry 'Joy' McKinney then shared a message from her mother. It read: "
It's with our deepest sorrow that we announce the death of our beloved son, brother, uncle, singer, songwriter and mentor... Ray Davon Jacobs... also known as August 08."

It continued: 
"He will continue to blossom and spread his love through music. With love, August's mom Mena." LaSherry added: "As we all try to press through understand that we all come here to serve a sole purpose.

"I find comfort in knowing that my brother lived a full life of abundance. He was able to travel the world and touch millions of people while fulfilling his sole purpose as a musician. "I am proud to have a brother who lives on through music, and I encourage you all to keep streaming his records and telling everyone how great he is." She also thanked those who have been reaching out with messages of support.

August 08 released his first EP in July 2022, titled Towards the Moon. Before this, he also collaborated with the likes of Quavo, Lil Wayne, Justin Bieber, and Chance the Rapper.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Singer, Shine TTW Narrates How Lagos Policemen Damaged His Car
Forum | 1 day ago

Singer, Shine TTW Narrates How Lagos Policemen Damaged His Car

Producer Napji Calls Out Davido Over Alleged Unpaid Royalties
Forum | 3 days ago

Producer Napji Calls Out Davido Over Alleged Unpaid Royalties

Davido Reacts After Producer Accused Him of Not Paying Him Royalties
Forum | 3 days ago

Davido Reacts After Producer Accused Him of Not Paying Him Royalties