EPL: He gives us solidity – Ian Wright worries over absence of Arsenal star

Forum 8 months ago

EPL: He gives us solidity – Ian Wright worries over absence of Arsenal star

Arsenal legend Ian Wright has expressed his worries over missing the presence of defender Gabriel Magalhães in defence after the Gunners 2-2 Premier League draw with Fulham over the weekend.

Magalhaes did not feature as Arsenal found themselves a goal down after just one minute against Fulham, with Andreas Pereira capitalising on a mix-up involving Bukayo Saka.

But a goal each from Saka and Eddie Nketiah put Mikel Arteta’s side ahead in the second half at the Emirates.

Arsenal were hauled back again late on, with Joao Palhinha capitalising on some poor defending to fire home after latching onto Harrison Reed’s corner kick.

However, Wright believes Magalhaes gives Arsenal solidity at the back.

“They started very slack, the whole game in fact; the way Fulham came back, there was a time when I was watching and I just felt nervous for us,” Wright told Premier League Productions.

He said further: “We don’t seem to be as confident in managing the game after we got back into it and went 2-1 up. And I think that is a bit of a worry because there are things that happened. I know the fans are a little bit worried about Gabriel not playing; he gives us solidity in there, and when they scored that goal at the death at the corner, it’s something our big defender would be there [for].”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Power Ballad: Paul Rudd, Nick Jonas to Star in Musical Comedy
Forum | 21 hours ago

Power Ballad: Paul Rudd, Nick Jonas to Star in Musical Comedy

Anambra Workers Angry Over Soludo’s Absence at Rally
Forum | 1 day ago

Anambra Workers Angry Over Soludo’s Absence at Rally

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd