My Money Was Becoming Too Much – Olamide On Why He Started Signing Artists

Forum 7 months ago

My Money Was Becoming Too Much – Olamide On Why He Started Signing Artists

Nigerian rapper and singer, Olamide Adedeji aka Olamide has opened up on why he opened a record label and started signing singers.

According to the YBNL boss, the reason is so he can spend his money which is “becoming too much” on young artistes’ careers.

He disclosed this in an interview with Apple Music’s Ebro Darden.

He said, “I just started stacking up money and the money was becoming too much for me. I’m like, yo, I don’t have anything to do with all this money, mehn, I need to sign new guys. Let me spend money on people, you know.

“It is just like my own little way of giving back to the community.”

Olamide’s YBNL Nation is home to two of the hottest new generational afrobeats artists in the country; Fireboy DML and Asake.

Adekunle Gold, Lil Kesh, Chinko Ekun, Young Jonn, and Pheelz were formerly signed to the record label.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Son Arrested For Faking His Own Kidnap To Extort Money From Father In Jigawa
Forum | 2 days ago

Son Arrested For Faking His Own Kidnap To Extort Money From Father In Jigawa

Tems Opened Doors Of Global Recognition For African Female Artists – Tyla
Forum | 4 days ago

Tems Opened Doors Of Global Recognition For African Female Artists – Tyla

I’ve Reported The Case To Police — Skiibii Denies TikToker Nickie Dabarbie’s Money Ritual Claim
Forum | 5 days ago

I’ve Reported The Case To Police — Skiibii Denies TikToker Nickie Dabarbie’s Money Ritual Claim

Davido Reveals Fate Of Peruzzi, Other DMW Artists As He Launches New Record Label
Forum | 5 days ago

Davido Reveals Fate Of Peruzzi, Other DMW Artists As He Launches New Record Label