Legend Diego Maradona Makes Shock Return To Football Management In UAE {Photos}

Forum 6 years ago

Legend Diego Maradona Makes Shock Return To Football Management In UAE {Photos}

Argentine legend Diego Maradona has returned to management with Al Fujairah in the UAE's second division. The 1986 World Cup winner was unveiled by the club on Sunday as he started his first job since he was sacked by Dubai's Al Wasl in 2012.

Rashid Ali Garcia, his adviser, revealed Maradona has agreed a one-year deal to help the club win promotion at the second attempt since relegation.

A press conference is planned for next week where Maradona will outline his plans for the club, which will be hoping he can be more successful than his previous attempts from the sideline.

Maradona's managerial career has far-from matched his status among the greatest players off all time, which included leading Napoli to two Serie A titles along with claiming the ultimate prize for his country in 1986.

Now 56, he takes charge of the side which finished fourth and narrowly missed out on a return to the Arabian Gulf League.

"I want to tel you that I'm the new coach of the Al-Fejairah SC, in the second division of the United Arab Emirates," he told his Facebook followers. "These are my new colours.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Velma Season 2 Trailer Previews Return of Mindy Kaling’s Animated Scooby-Doo Series
Forum | 2 days ago

Velma Season 2 Trailer Previews Return of Mindy Kaling’s Animated Scooby-Doo Series

Outer Range Season 2 Trailer Reveals Return of Josh Brolin Sci-Fi Series
Forum | 2 days ago

Outer Range Season 2 Trailer Reveals Return of Josh Brolin Sci-Fi Series

Europa League: AC Milan legend wants Chukwueze to start crunch clash with Roma
Forum | 3 days ago

Europa League: AC Milan legend wants Chukwueze to start crunch clash with Roma

Before 4: Ethan Hawke Would ‘Definitely’ Return If Richard Linklater Wrote New Sequel
Forum | 4 days ago

Before 4: Ethan Hawke Would ‘Definitely’ Return If Richard Linklater Wrote New Sequel