EPL: Bring Maguire back to lineup – Agbonlahor tells Ten Hag, slams two Man Utd players

Forum 8 months ago

EPL: Bring Maguire back to lineup – Agbonlahor tells Ten Hag, slams two Man Utd players

Former Aston Villa manager, Gabby Agbonlahor, has urged Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag to bring Harry Maguire back into his starting XI.

Agbonlahor also slammed Manchester United duo Raphael Varane and Lisandro Martinez for their performances in the Red Devils’ Premier League 3-2 win over Nottingham Forest on Saturday.

The former England international believes Maguire would have been slaughtered on social media if he had made the same mistakes as Varane and Martinez against Nottingham Forest.

Speaking on talkSPORT, Agbonlahor also said that Man United cannot repeat the same display against Forest in the UEFA Champions League this season, or they would suffer humiliating defeats.

Agbonlahor said, “Varane and Martinez. I mean, get Harry Maguire, get all the sticks from me, bring him back in! The way Manchester United are playing now, this was Maguire playing like Varane and Martinez; he’d be getting slaughtered on social media.

“And if you are going into the Champions League with playing like this, you are going to get some hidings.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Iwobi guns for 250th appearance as Fulham host Crystal Palace
Forum | 6 hours ago

EPL: Iwobi guns for 250th appearance as Fulham host Crystal Palace

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash
Forum | 7 hours ago

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race
Forum | 7 hours ago

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race