EPL: It’s my fault – Arteta blames himself over Arsenal star’s lack of game time

Forum 7 months ago

EPL: It’s my fault – Arteta blames himself over Arsenal star’s lack of game time

Arsenal boss, Mikel Arteta has blamed himself over attacking midfielder, Fabio Vieira’s lack of regular game time at the club.

Arteta spoke following Arsenal’s Premier League 2-2 draw with Fulham on Saturday.

Recall that Vieira was impressive for Arsenal when he came off the bench, replacing Kai Havertz, during the Gunners’ Premier League tie against Fulham at Emirates.

The Portugal star won the penalty from which Bukayo Saka drew Arsenal level against Fulham.

“Fabio [Vieira] was excellent and it is the first minutes he’s played in the PL this season and I was really impressed with how he wanted the ball and how positive he was, the decisions that he made and the attitude that he had straight away.

“Fabio was involved in everything we created and I am really happy with that. To see players with the ability to make and take chances with quality.

“It is my fault that Fabio has not played more and today he gave me reasons to play him more,” Arteta said at his post-match press conference.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Iwobi guns for 250th appearance as Fulham host Crystal Palace
Forum | 3 hours ago

EPL: Iwobi guns for 250th appearance as Fulham host Crystal Palace

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash
Forum | 3 hours ago

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race
Forum | 3 hours ago

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race