Despite Being A Muslim, Polygamy Doesn’t Appeal To Me - Actor, Ali Nuhu Says

Forum 8 months ago

Despite Being A Muslim, Polygamy Doesn’t Appeal To Me - Actor, Ali Nuhu Says

Ali Nuhu, a popular Kannywood actor, has said polygamy does not appeal to him even though he is a Muslim.

The actor said he believed polygamy has the tendency of disrupting some things in marriage, and fairness cannot be adequately guaranteed.

Nuhu made this known during a chat on a talk-show, Gabon’s Room, hosted by a Kannywood actress, Hadiza Aliyu Gabon.

The actor, who has been in the movie industry for about 25 years and has become a household name in both Nollywood and Kannywood, said his marriage has clocked 20 years.

Nuhu said, “I’ve been married for 20 years and recently celebrated our twentieth wedding anniversary with my wife. I was married in 2003 and we are now in 2023.

“Concerning adding another wife, the way I look at marriage is that as long as you and your wife have been living peacefully together, and also think that you can’t be fair if you bring another wife, or that marrying a second wife could disrupt some things, it’s better you continue to stay with only one wife.

“And that’s why I’ve been monogamously married for twenty years even though polygamy is allowed in Islam,” he added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 2 days ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update
Forum | 2 days ago

Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday
Forum | 2 days ago

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’
Forum | 3 days ago

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’