Group lauds Enugu gov’s N450m empowerment fund

Forum 8 months ago

Group lauds Enugu gov’s N450m empowerment fund

The Enugu State Project Coordinator of the Nigeria for Women Project, Mrs Blessing Ogbonna Esq., has lauded the Enugu State Governor, Peter Mbah, for releasing the N450 million counterpart fund for the women in anticipation of more funds from the World Bank.

Ogbonna, in a statement on Tuesday, also promised that the money will be used judiciously to advance the cause of women in the state and empower them for positive development.

“I seize this opportunity to thank our hardworking governor, His Excellency Dr Peter N. Mbah for the release of the N450 million for the women’s project. The Enugu State women are elated at our governor for being a ‘he for she’, as he is always poised to heed our cries. Our tomorrow is indeed here.

“I also wish to commend the Enugu governor for the timely intervention as this action will definitely go a long way in empowering our women for positive development.

“Your Excellency, Sir, you have demonstrated your love for our women’s emancipation, and I can assure you that the money will be used judiciously.

“We are positive that with your commendable interest in women’s cause, the sky is not the limit but the beginning point for our women to excel in all their activities.”

Ogbonna further assured the governor that the project, “under my watch, will live up to expectations and take our women to the next level.”

The NFWP, a World Bank-assisted programme and an initiative of the Federal Ministry of Women Affairs, is a strategic long-term engagement between the World Bank and the Government of Nigeria to support the government’s goal of ensuring gender equality.

It provides an investment that will improve the livelihoods of women in Nigeria to boost inclusive growth by ensuring economic opportunities for women in addressing gender inequality.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Follow AGF’s Advice, Submit To EFCC – Group Tells Yahaya Bello
Forum | 1 day ago

Follow AGF’s Advice, Submit To EFCC – Group Tells Yahaya Bello

Governor Aiyedatiwa’s Campaign Coordinator Assassinated
Forum | 1 day ago

Governor Aiyedatiwa’s Campaign Coordinator Assassinated

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns
Forum | 5 days ago

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election
Forum | 5 days ago

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election