I’m sorry – Tobi Amusan on losing 100m hurdles world title to Jamaica’s Williams

Forum 8 months ago

I’m sorry – Tobi Amusan on losing 100m hurdles world title to Jamaica’s Williams

Defending champion Tobi Amusan has apologized to her fans for losing the world women’s 100m hurdles crown to Jamaica’s Danielle Williams on Thursday in a shock win at the World Athletics Championships in Budapest, Hungary.

Williams, who previously won in Beijing in 2015, timed 12.43 seconds to edge out Olympic champion Jasmine Camacho-Quinn of Puerto Rico (12.44sec) with Kendra Harrison of the United States taking bronze (12.46).

Amusan and 2019 winner Nia Ali were never in the hunt, finishing sixth and last positions, respectively.

Speaking with journalists after the race, Amusan also said she will be back stronger next year.

She said it was quite “a journey getting into the final” despite all she had gone through in the last couple of weeks.

Amusan said, “I just want to say a huge thank you to those who have been supporting me through the ups and downs, Ya’ll stood by me, kept praying for me, God bless you all, I am sorry I might have let you all down, but we will back stronger definitely.

“Yeah, it is a tough one; nobody likes to lose but considering what I have gone through in the past couple of months, I am so grateful that I came out.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race
Forum | 3 hours ago

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 1 day ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday
Forum | 1 day ago

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton