EPL: You need to do better, Man Utd will suffer this season – Berbatov tells midfielder

Forum 8 months ago

EPL: You need to do better, Man Utd will suffer this season – Berbatov tells midfielder

Former Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov has urged the club’s midfielder Casemiro to do better this season.

Berbatov said Manchester United will suffer this season if Casemiro is not at his best form for Erik ten Hag’s side.

Man United have so far won one and lost one of their first two Premier League matches against Wolves and Tottenham this season.

Casemiro, who played against both Wolves and Tottenham, is among those who have struggled to impress in those games.

“Casemiro needs to do better, based on the standards that he has shown over several years at Real Madrid and last season at United,” Berbatov wrote in his Betfair column.

“The standards he has set for himself are really high.”

He added, “In the first couple of games, Casemiro has not played at the standards that we saw of him. I’m sure that he knows it.

“In the case of Casemiro, you know how good a player he is and if he’s not in his best form then the team is going to suffer.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 4 hours ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club
Forum | 4 hours ago

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag
Forum | 4 hours ago

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 5 hours ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag