Man arrested for allegedly defrauding PoS operator of N100,000 in Delta

Forum 8 months ago

Man arrested for allegedly defrauding PoS operator of N100,000 in Delta

A man identified as Onyebuchi Remi Enusoi, was arrested for allegedly defrauding a PoS operator of N100,000 in Kwale, Delta State.

One Odubenu Constance Anumati, who disclosed this in a Facebook post on Thursday, August 24, 2023, said the suspect was caught while allegedly planning to flee the town.

According to him, the suspect went to the PoS operator identified as Sophia, in the guise of making a deposit of N100,000 into two different accounts, making it N200,000.

He claimed to have the money in his black briefcase and was ready to pay the charges of the transfer.

After the first transfer was made, the POS attendant asked for the N100,000 first and the charges. It was at that very moment that the suspect took to his heels, leaving behind the briefcase and his floater slippers.

Man arrested for allegedly defrauding PoS operator of N100,000 in Delta (video)

When the POS attendant opened the case, she reportedly saw a piece of stone inside it.

"POS Attendants Be Careful! I visited Kwale, Delta State, this holiday and was passing by the Afia Eze Market this morning to withdraw money with a POS terminal, only to see a POS girl crying and shouting that someone had defrauded her of N100,000. And she was surrounded by so many market women and sympathizers," he narrated.

I stopped to ask her what exactly happened and she wasn't composed enough to explain to me. I calmed her down and told her I was ready to help her recover her money. So she gave me a divided attention. I asked her to follow me to a quiet place to explain to me in details how it happened.

She said a young man came with a brief case this morning at 10:20am to make a deposit of N100,000 into two different accounts, making it N200,000. The young man claimed to have the money in his black brief case and was ready to pay the charges of the transfer.

The young man gave an Opay account bearing Kelly Obi and the first N100,000 was transferred to the account. The POS attendant asked for the N100,000 first and the charges, and it was at that very moment the young man took to his heels, leaving behind his brief case and his floater slippers, on a very market day. When the POS attendant opened the case, what he saw was a piece of stone inside it.

At that time it became clear to her that she has been defrauded of her N100,000. She tried to chase the thief while "Thief!", "Thief!" all along but the young man had already taken some corners and disappeared, and she was too weak to chase her further.

I told her to calm down and I'll help her get the money back. I swung into action, tracking and locating the young man, whom I didn't know before now. With lots of calls and the help of another Jehovah's Witness, I found out that his name is ONYEBUCHI REMI ENUSOI, a Jehovah's Witness member, living in Kwale, Delta State.

Long story short, I caught Onyebuchi Remi Enusoi at a phone shop fully set to travel out of Kwale. I gripped him by the trousers, and the POS attendant came on immediately. I bundled him to Zenith Bank where he got his BVN and made him to transfer back the money to the rightful owner, and eventually handed him over to the police.

I believe Onyebuchi came to the POS attendant with charms to make it happen that easily.

The market women gathered around me and were spraying me powder in jubilation after retrieving the money within 1 hour and 30 minutes. Be careful out there people!.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
11 Cultists Arrested For Invading Anambra Hotel With Charms, Dangerous Weapons
Forum | 2 days ago

11 Cultists Arrested For Invading Anambra Hotel With Charms, Dangerous Weapons

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 2 days ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 2 days ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

Megan Thee Stallion Sued For Allegedly Forcing Cameraman Watch S3xual Act
Forum | 3 days ago

Megan Thee Stallion Sued For Allegedly Forcing Cameraman Watch S3xual Act