Minister vows to get accurate housing deficit data

Forum 8 months ago

Minister vows to get accurate housing deficit data

The Minister of Housing and Urban Development, Ahmed Dangiwa, on Tuesday, pledged to resolve concerns about data on the number of homeless persons in the country in the coming months.

The minister also vowed to champion land administration and institutional reforms to create an enabling environment for housing delivery and job creation.

Addressing top ministry officials and heads of agencies at a press conference held at the ministry headquarters in Abuja, Dangiwa stressed the important role of housing data in ensuring that all Nigerians have access to decent, quality and affordable housing while fostering livable communities.

He said, “I don’t agree with the current data on housing deficit, because honestly, even my predecessors have opposed the figure mentioned around.

“But the problem is that no one has made efforts to come out with the correct figure and that is what they should have done.

“So, my priority is that, and I mentioned it even during my screening; I will engage the services of data consultants who would go around the country and get the needed data.

“I am also aware that the National Population Commission will conduct a census on housing and the number of persons in need of homes. We have started conversations on that even before our inauguration.

“I have met with the chairman of the NPC and discussions are ongoing and I promise to make sure the relevant data on housing is made available soon.

“It is a task we have been given and we will make sure it is delivered.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Falana Blasts Power Minister Over Electricity Tariff Increase
Forum | 3 days ago

Falana Blasts Power Minister Over Electricity Tariff Increase

Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She
Forum | 1 week ago

Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She's a Serving NYSC Member

James Brown Vows Never to Stop Twerking Online
Forum | 2 weeks ago

James Brown Vows Never to Stop Twerking Online

money Vows To Take Care Of Late Jnr Pope’s Children
Forum | 2 weeks ago

money Vows To Take Care Of Late Jnr Pope’s Children