EPL: Super footballer – Danny Murphy defends under-fire Manchester United midfielder

Forum 8 months ago

EPL: Super footballer – Danny Murphy defends under-fire Manchester United midfielder

Former Liverpool man, Danny Murphy has defended under-fire Manchester United midfielder Casemiro, describing him as a super footballer.

Casemiro made an instant impact at Man United last season following his big-money move from Real Madrid.

The Brazilian international immediately cemented his position as a key part of Man United’s manager Erik ten Hag’s rebuild.

However, Casemiro has suffered criticism from the likes of former Liverpool legend, Jamie Carragher after his recent display for Man United in their defeat against Tottenham Hotspur a few days ago.

Carragher questioned Casemiro’s purchase and does not believe the midfielder will turn out to have been a shrewd acquisition in the long run for the Red Devils.

But Murphy is confident Casemiro will continue to be a key player for Man United in the next two years.

“He is a holding midfielder; if he was playing in a midfield that had a better defensive, tactical set-up, he would not look as isolated as he has done in the first two games,” Murphy was quoted by Metro UK as saying.

“He’s been one of the best holding midfield players of the last decade. I think he will get back to last season’s form, I would not worry about that, but I think he needs some legs around him to help him.

“And I think we will see especially as there has been an injury now to Mount for the couple of games, I think you will see McTominay probably come in and play alongside him to give him some legs and give him some help.

“But I don’t worry about him for the next year or two – he is a super player.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Iwobi moves to fourth position on Nigeria’s highest capped list
Forum | 2 hours ago

EPL: Iwobi moves to fourth position on Nigeria’s highest capped list

EPL: You damaged English football – Pochettino slams VAR after Aston Villa draw
Forum | 2 hours ago

EPL: You damaged English football – Pochettino slams VAR after Aston Villa draw

EPL: Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Aston Villa sees Arsenal qualify for Champions League
Forum | 2 hours ago

EPL: Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Aston Villa sees Arsenal qualify for Champions League

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 13 hours ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham