EPL: Cooper challenges Awoniyi to score more goals for Nottingham Forest

Forum 8 months ago

EPL: Cooper challenges Awoniyi to score more goals for Nottingham Forest

Nottingham Forest manager, Steve Cooper has challenged Taiwo Awoniyi to improve on his goal haul from last season.

Awoniyi was Nottingham Forest’s top scorer in the 2022/23 campaign.

The Nigeria international scored 10 goals in 27 league appearances for the Tricky Trees.

The 26-year-old has already registered two goals in two Premier League outings this season.

Cooper is hopeful Awoniyi will score more goals for his team this season.

“I hope he can. That would be nice! He scored a lot of goals at Union Berlin. That’s the hope. That’s the plan. That’s the challenge for him. That’s the challenge for us coaches, to push him, Cooper told a press conference.

“There’s a lot of individual work going on with him and all the other guys, because that’s a big part of our work. What’s a great honor about T is he wants to work, he wants to challenge and he wants to push.”

The Reds will travel to Old Trafford on Saturday for their next Premier League game against Manchester United.

Awoniyi joined Forest from Bundesliga club, Union Berlin last summer.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 3 hours ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club
Forum | 3 hours ago

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag
Forum | 3 hours ago

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 3 hours ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag