Aymeric Laporte leaves Man City to join Al Nassr

Forum 8 months ago

Aymeric Laporte leaves Man City to join Al Nassr

Aymeric Laporte has completed his transfer from Manchester City to Saudi Arabian side Al Nassr.

After the two clubs agreed on a fee of around £25m earlier this month, Laporte took time to consider all the options available and eventually agreed to make the move to the Middle East, confirming the move on social media this week.

The deal has now been made official, with Laporte's five-year association with City now over.

"I am proud to have represented Manchester City over the last six seasons," Laporte told club media. "When I first joined, I was excited about the prospect of winning trophies. However, I could not have imagined the success we would go on to achieve together. 

"I would like to thank the coaches, my team-mates and of course the brilliant City fans for all of their support throughout my time in Manchester. 

"I will always be a City fan and I look forward to seeing you all again."

Director of football Txiki Begiristain added: "Aymeric has been an excellent player for Manchester City during a great time for the Club. 

"He fit into the team seamlessly upon arrival in 2018 and played a key role in many of our successes over the years that have followed. 

"The form of the other defenders in the squad made it hard for him to find sufficient game time in 2022/23 and we respect his decision to seek a move elsewhere. 

"I look forward to following his career from afar."

Laporte leaves City with five Premier League titles to his name, having made 180 appearances for the club since his arrival from Athletic Club in 2018.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd
Forum | 17 hours ago

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd

EPL: Rashford refuses Man Utd’s attempts to sell him
Forum | 17 hours ago

EPL: Rashford refuses Man Utd’s attempts to sell him

Uzoho relishes superb display against Man United at Old Trafford
Forum | 17 hours ago

Uzoho relishes superb display against Man United at Old Trafford

UCL: What happened at Man Utd – Ferdinand questions Sancho after outstanding display against PSG
Forum | 22 hours ago

UCL: What happened at Man Utd – Ferdinand questions Sancho after outstanding display against PSG