Katsina govt confirms receipt of N2bn palliatives from FG

Forum 8 months ago

Katsina govt confirms receipt of N2bn palliatives from FG

The Katsina State Government on Wednesday confirmed receipt of N2 billion out of the N5 billion palliatives approved to the states by the Federal Government.

The state’s Commissioner for Information, Culture and Home Affairs, Dr. Bala Salisu-Zango, made the clarification while reacting to the insinuation that the federal government released N5 billion to the state.

He said, “The attention of the state government has been drawn to news going round in the media that N5 billion has been released to states by the Federal Government for palliative.

“I wish to state that, the Katsina State Government received only N2 billion for procurement of grain to be distributed to the citizens of the state.”

Salisu-Zango said the state government had so far utilised N2 billion to procure 40,000 bags of rice for distribution to vulnerable persons in all the polling units across the state.

He said the government would also utilise the next tranche of the fund from the federal government to purchase maize for distribution to deserving households.

He warned that the state government would punish anyone found wanting in the palliative distribution exercise.

NAN

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Police Confirms Killing Of Corps Member At Ogbomoso Nightclub, Detains Officers Involved
Forum | 1 day ago

Police Confirms Killing Of Corps Member At Ogbomoso Nightclub, Detains Officers Involved

Tom Holland Confirms Spider-Man 4 but Admits It’s Tough To Follow No Way Home
Forum | 5 days ago

Tom Holland Confirms Spider-Man 4 but Admits It’s Tough To Follow No Way Home

Why A Police Officer Asked For My Number Plate’s Receipt - Actor, Jamiu Azeez Reveals
Forum | 5 days ago

Why A Police Officer Asked For My Number Plate’s Receipt - Actor, Jamiu Azeez Reveals

Nigerian Govt Places Ex-Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello on Watchlist
Forum | 6 days ago

Nigerian Govt Places Ex-Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello on Watchlist