EPL: You’ve caused big problem for Arsenal – Again, Neville slams Arteta’s decision

Forum 8 months ago

EPL: You’ve caused big problem for Arsenal – Again, Neville slams Arteta’s decision

Manchester United legend, Gary Neville has once again said that Mikel Arteta is creating a huge problem at Arsenal.

He said that Arteta’s decision to sign another goalkeeper in the person of David Raya will bring about problems among the players.

Neville said he has ‘never seen it work’ when a club has had two top-quality goalkeepers.

Arsenal brought in David Raya this summer after they allowed Matt Turner move to Nottingham Forest earlier this month.

But rather than sign a clear number two to act as cover for Aaron Ramsdale, Mikel Arteta decided to sign Brentford’s number one.

Neville was asked if Raya’s arrival could ultimately become problematic for Arsenal, and the former Manchester United defender said on Sky Sports, “Yes. I’ve said this before, I’m not a fan of competition for goalkeepers.

“I think you need a clear number one and then a clear number two, that’s my view.

‘The problem is you have a situation where every time a goalkeeper makes a mistake …you then end up asking will he then play the next guy the next week.

“Once you do that once, you’ve undermined the situation and created what I think is sometimes a very difficult situation for everybody in the team.

“So I’m interested to see what Mikel Arteta does with it and how he manages it, because I’ve never seen it work really well before.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Nottingham Forest get Awoniyi’s fitness boost ahead of Sheffield United clash
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Nottingham Forest get Awoniyi’s fitness boost ahead of Sheffield United clash

EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham

EPL: Piers Morgan slams Ten Hag for inability to handle Ronaldo, Sancho
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Piers Morgan slams Ten Hag for inability to handle Ronaldo, Sancho

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo