Livestock Guards’ commander killed in Benue

Forum 8 months ago

Livestock Guards’ commander killed in Benue

A commander of the Livestock Guard has been shot dead in the Ukum Local Government Area of Benue State.

The ward commander has been identified as Jarule Likita and it's been gathered that he died after he was shot severally in the chest by the gunmen at Tine-Nune settlement in Ukum LGA of the state.

The killing of Likita makes him the fifth ward Livestock commander to have been murdered in recent times. Daily Trust reported that the State Commander of the Livestock Guards, Linus Zaki said about four of his men have been killed in the area. 

He said; 

“I was just informed that some armed men attacked and killed him (Likita). Today he is the only one that was killed. They have been killing them like that. Three of my men died about two months back. They just come, fire them and go away.

“They call them gunmen, unknown gunmen that is the report reaching me. One went to pick his wife and was gunned down so also others. I do not know where these gunmen are coming from.”

The Livestock Guards was established by the government to ensure the compliance of Benue State Anti-open Grazing Law.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
14-Year-Old Boy Killed In UK Sword Attack Was British Nigerian,
Forum | 1 day ago

14-Year-Old Boy Killed In UK Sword Attack Was British Nigerian,

Senior IS Commander Abu Huzeifa Killed in Mali
Forum | 1 day ago

Senior IS Commander Abu Huzeifa Killed in Mali

Two Killed As Armed Herdsmen Attack Benue Community
Forum | 3 days ago

Two Killed As Armed Herdsmen Attack Benue Community