Why Carlo Ancelotti was unhappy with Vinicius Junior during win at Almeria

Forum 8 months ago

Why Carlo Ancelotti was unhappy with Vinicius Junior during win at Almeria

Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti has played down suggestions of a bust-up with Vinicius Junior after getting into a heated exchange with the winger during their 3-1 win at Almeria.

Los Blancos maintained their 100% start to the new La Liga season with victory on Saturday evening. Jude Bellingham added two more goals to his Real Madrid tally to cancel out a surprise opener from former Castilla graduate Sergio Arribas.

Vinicius then secured the three points for the visitors late on, but he was far from all-smiles at the Power Horse Stadium.

Ancelotti was spotted by pitch-side cameras berating Vinicius for seemingly failing to track back. The winger has been playing as an inverted striker in Real Madrid's new 4-4-2 diamond formation in absence of a natural centre forward following Karim Benzema's departure.

The Italian coach was quizzed on this altercation in his post-match press conference.

"I complained to him about an unnecessary loss of possession, he answered me and I told him no, he did not need to lose the ball," Ancelotti said.

"I do not want to take away the genius he has and sometimes he takes a little risk, and then I get a little angry.

"But other times I get excited about how he plays. The balance is that I get excited many more times than the few times I get angry."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
It
Forum | 1 day ago

It's Difficult To Say RIP - Zubby Michael Posts Junior Pope On Instagram After He Was Dragged For Not Mourning

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

Nollywood Community Holds Candlelight Service for Junior Pope, Others
Forum | 4 days ago

Nollywood Community Holds Candlelight Service for Junior Pope, Others

AGN Announces 4-day Prayer And Fasting After Death Of Junior Pope, Mr Ibu, Others
Forum | 4 days ago

AGN Announces 4-day Prayer And Fasting After Death Of Junior Pope, Mr Ibu, Others