Fix refineries, group tells FG

Forum 8 months ago

Fix refineries, group tells FG

A group, Future Nigeria Movement has called on President Bola Tinubu to see the fixing of the nation’s refineries as a national emergency.

The group kicked against the N5bn palliatives given to each state to cushion the effect of the removal of subsidy from Premium Motor Spirit also known as petrol.

The group emphasised that fixing the refineries and making them functional was the best palliative Nigerians wanted to see.

Leader of the group, Livingstone Wechie, said this in a statement issued in Port Harcourt on Friday and sent to newsmen.

Wechie, however, described President Bola Tinubu as sensitive for realising that his inaugural day speech announcing the removal of subsidy from petrol had a biting effect on the citizens.

He stated, “The N5bn palliative by the President Bola Ahmed Tinubu administration is a clear indication that the government realises that the removal of the fuel subsidy is impacting seriously on Nigerians.

“It is arguably a show of sensitivity, knowing that everything in this country revolves around the energy sector.

“It is however the submission of the Future Nigeria Movement that the best subsidy that Nigerians long to see is to ensure that our state owned refineries are made to work again and this must be treated as a matter of national emergency.

“This is not asking for too much because leaving the energy sector in the hands of the almighty market forces is to run on auto pilot and the backlash will remain baleful.

“It is the view of FNM that the Federal Government should become more innovative in its approach to solving our teething national problems with all the competence and skills needed. Nigerians today will not condone explanations and alibis because the citizens have had enough of that in the past administrations.”

He further said the Tinubu-led government must seat up and confront the “monster of underdevelopment” that slows the growth of the country and its citizens.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: They’re miles off Man City, Arsenal – Merson tells Chelsea two signings to make
Forum | 14 hours ago

EPL: They’re miles off Man City, Arsenal – Merson tells Chelsea two signings to make

Oba Elegushi Tells His Second Wife As They Celebrate 5th Wedding Anniversary
Forum | 4 days ago

Oba Elegushi Tells His Second Wife As They Celebrate 5th Wedding Anniversary

‘My dad is from Nigeria, always tells me about culture, food’ – Germany’s Jamal Musiala
Forum | 5 days ago

‘My dad is from Nigeria, always tells me about culture, food’ – Germany’s Jamal Musiala

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo