We’ve no plan to impeach Shaibu – Edo Assembly

Forum 8 months ago

We’ve no plan to impeach Shaibu – Edo Assembly

The Edo State House of Assembly, on Friday, called on residents of the state to disregard the purported impeachment plan by the lawmakers against the Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu.

The Speaker, Blessing Agbebaku, who disclosed when the 24 members of the House of Assembly visited Governor Godwin Obaseki at the Government House in Benin City, said he never received a directive from Obaseki to commence an impeachment of Shaibu.

“We are here to clear the air on the insinuation of the impeachment of the Deputy Governor of Edo State. I want to let the people of Edo State know that there was nothing of such in the State House of Assembly.

“There was no time that the governor called me and instructed me that there must be an impeachment against the deputy governor. The rumour of impeachment is from the pit of hell.

“When I approached the governor, he asked if there’s anything like that. I told him there is no such plan. Nothing of such is going on. On my own, I called the deputy governor to tell him that there was nothing like an impeachment plan by the Assembly and what he heard was rumour.”

The Speaker further said that the visit by the lawmakers to the governor to reassure him of their support to enable him to finish well.

“The 24 members of the EDHA are all here to let you know that we will join you to finish strong as Edo people must live a good life and you are already setting the pace,” Agbebaku added.

Responding, Obaseki said the focus of his administration was to continue with its developmental strides in the state as he would not be distracted from delivering the dividends of democracy to the people of Edo State.

He said having done “so much” in Edo, the state should be noted for positive developments.

He added, “There is no crisis in Edo. No crisis in the government. No crisis in EDHA and those who benefit from crises, creating crises, or reporting crises should not be given the opportunity here.

“What should be of concern to us today is the failure of federal roads in the state which have almost incapacitated the State as the people are unable to move. That should be a crucial concern to us as Edo people.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Why Edo Is The Capital of
Forum | 1 day ago

Why Edo Is The Capital of 'Obidient' Movement - LP

Edo Police Arrest Cultists Who Allegedly Killed Man In Daughter’s Presence
Forum | 3 days ago

Edo Police Arrest Cultists Who Allegedly Killed Man In Daughter’s Presence

N80.2bn Fraud: Kogi Assembly Defends Yahaya Bello, Asks EFCC to Obey Court Order
Forum | 1 week ago

N80.2bn Fraud: Kogi Assembly Defends Yahaya Bello, Asks EFCC to Obey Court Order

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday
Forum | 1 week ago

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday