EPL: Roy Hodgson sympathises with Arsenal

Forum 8 months ago

EPL: Roy Hodgson sympathises with Arsenal

Crystal Palace manager, Roy Hodgson has said that he has a lot of sympathy for Arsenal.

This is due to the Gunners narrowly losing the league title to Manchester City last season.

Hodgson also said that he has been impressed by what Mikel Arteta has done so far at Arsenal.

Crystal Palace welcome Arsenal at Selhurst in the Premier League on Monday night

Manchester City came from behind to win the title despite Arsenal leading the way at the top of the table for much of last season.

Hodgson said he had nothing but sympathy for Mikel Arteta and his team.

“I have great admiration for the job he’s done at Arsenal,” Hodgson told reporters ahead of this weekend’s activities.

“I thought last season they were outstanding in every respect.

“I have a lot of sympathy, to get that close and do so well and be overtaken by the machine, Manchester City, who are also a wonderful football team.

“It must have been a gut-wrenching occasion…”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: They didn’t follow instructions – Ten Hag slams five Man Utd players
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: They didn’t follow instructions – Ten Hag slams five Man Utd players

EPL: Rio Ferdinand reveals ‘only’ way Sancho will return to Manchester United from Dortmund
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Rio Ferdinand reveals ‘only’ way Sancho will return to Manchester United from Dortmund

EPL: They’re miles off Man City, Arsenal – Merson tells Chelsea two signings to make
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: They’re miles off Man City, Arsenal – Merson tells Chelsea two signings to make

EPL: They will win all their games – Micah Richards picks team to win title
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: They will win all their games – Micah Richards picks team to win title