Transfer: Why Chelsea didn’t sign Neymar from PSG

Forum 8 months ago

Transfer: Why Chelsea didn’t sign Neymar from PSG

Football transfer expert, Fabrizio Romano, has provided an insight as to why Chelsea did not sign Neymar from PSG this summer.

The 31-year-old Brazil international has already joined Saudi Pro League club, Al-Hilal, linking up with a move to several top European stars.

Romano revealed that Chelsea decided against signing Neymar because they want to rely on Mykhaylo Mudryk, who joined the club in a mega-money deal in January.

“I’m aware of reports about top clubs in Europe turning down the chance to sign Neymar, but to be honest I think it’s easy to put Neymar’s name now everywhere, and from what I understand, Manchester City never discussed with Neymar, same for Manchester United.

“Chelsea were offered this chance by PSG in June and they decided to go for different, young players.

“It was never something concrete. They preferred to protect their young investments like Mykhaylo Mudryk,” he wrote in his column for Caught Offside.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job
Forum | 1 day ago

FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job

Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer
Forum | 3 days ago

Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer

Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka
Forum | 4 days ago

Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star
Forum | 6 days ago

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star