Harry Kane explains why he joined Bayern Munich

Forum 8 months ago

Harry Kane explains why he joined Bayern Munich

England captain and Tottenham Hotspur legend Harry Kane has revealed that he opted to join Bayern Munich in order to win trophies.

Despite an incredible 354 goals in his career thus far, and winning a number of individual awards, Kane is yet to win a single team trophy in his career - coming closest with Tottenham in 2019 when they reached the UEFA Champions League final, and with England at Euro 2020 when the Three Lions lost the final via a penalty shootout.

Speaking to Sky Sports News ahead of his first Bundesliga came since making the £86m move from Tottenham to Bayern, Kane admitted that wanting to win silverware was a huge reason for his move to Bavaria.

"A lot of people talk about the trophies and why I came here, but ultimately it was to improve, to feel a new pressure of having to win titles every year, having to go far in the Champions League and pushing myself to that limit," he said.

"If you are winning games, if you are winning titles, if you are winning Champions League titles and I'm the one playing up front, it's more likely that I am going to be the one scoring goals, which then allows you to win other individual awards.

"We've got a long season ahead. There's a lot of pressure for Bayern Munich to win the league and go far in the Champions League, and that is what I am excited to challenge myself with. When you are at a club like Bayern Munich you have to win. There are no questions about it

"It's hard to put a number on how many trophies you want to win but I have always said throughout my whole career I never want to retire and feel like I could have done more or I could have pushed myself a little bit more.

"That was a big part of the decision-making process of coming to Bayern Munich because to improve and to get better I had to be playing at the highest level.

"Of course, I want to win every competition I play in. That is the ultimate goal every season but when you finish your career, whenever that may be, you just want to make sure you've pushed yourself to your limits and that is what I'll continue to do."

Kane is set to make his Bundesliga debut at the weekend when Bayern face off against Werder Bremen.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash
Forum | 13 hours ago

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash

Rebel Moon Franchise Could Be 4-6 Movies, Explains Zack Snyder
Forum | 1 week ago

Rebel Moon Franchise Could Be 4-6 Movies, Explains Zack Snyder

UCL: They can make it difficult- Klinsmann picks team to win Bayern vs Arsenal
Forum | 1 week ago

UCL: They can make it difficult- Klinsmann picks team to win Bayern vs Arsenal