Bandits Kill Islamic Scholar, Abduct Emir's Son And Six Others In Zamfara community

Forum 8 months ago

Bandits Kill Islamic Scholar, Abduct Emir's Son And Six Others In Zamfara community

An Islamic scholar, Malam Murtala has been killed while seven others were abducted in Bungudu town, the headquarter of Bungudu Local Government Area of Zamfara State.

It was gathered that the terrorists invaded the town on Monday morning, August 14, 2024, and abducted Abdurrahman Hassan, the first son of the Emir of Bungudu; Abubakar Sarkin-Fada, a former civil servant; Amina Salisu, a married woman; and four other women.

The terrorists were said to have gone straight into the town after midnight and began shooting indiscriminately a local source, Ibrahim Bungudu, told the Premium Times.

"My father was abducted inside our house during the attack. The bandits came straight into the house and made away with him. They didn’t take anyone else,”
 Babangida Sarkin-Fada, whose father Mr Sarkin-Fada was among those abducted.

Another resident, Zaharadeen Sani, alleged the involvement of informants in the operation

Informants who live in communities or surrounding neighbourhoods have been accused of providing information that helps terrorists abduct residents or travellers and attack communities.

"The bandits went from area to area, abducting people without being challenged. People abducted were from different areas. How did they know the houses of those they abducted? May God punish these informants,” Mr Sani said.

Local sources said the terrorists are yet to reach out to families for negotiations.

The federal lawmaker representing Maru/Bungudu constituency, Abdulmalik Zubairu, said attacks on city and town centres are becoming worrisome.

"I’m calling on the federal and state governments to do the needful and bring an end to these mindless attacks. The measures taken so far are not enough. As a representative, I’ll continue to do my best to proffer solutions to the activities of these bandits,” Mr Zubairu said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
CONAMKAT List of candidates admitted into Community Midwifery programme, 2024 intake
Forum | 17 hours ago

CONAMKAT List of candidates admitted into Community Midwifery programme, 2024 intake

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 1 day ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Commotion As Bandits Strike Again, Kill Four, Abduct Six In Zamfara
Forum | 1 day ago

Commotion As Bandits Strike Again, Kill Four, Abduct Six In Zamfara

Residents Flee As Soldiers Leave Niger Community After Deadly Ambush
Forum | 1 day ago

Residents Flee As Soldiers Leave Niger Community After Deadly Ambush