Why Stand-up Comedy Is Tougher Than Skit-making – Lasisi Elenu

Forum 8 months ago

Why Stand-up Comedy Is Tougher Than Skit-making – Lasisi Elenu

Popular comedian and skit maker, Nosa Afolabi aka Lasisi Elenu has revealed that stand-up comedy is more difficult compared to skit-making.

He disclosed this in a recent interview with Hip TV.

The Kwara-born humour merchant shared his thoughts on the financial differences and level of work that has to be put into stand-up comedy in comparison to skit-making.

Lasisi Elenu said, “Both [stand-up comedy and skit-making] have a different feel. There is a lot of pressure in stand-up comedy. You’ve to be on your A-game, and you have to make several materials ready in case you use one and it’s not that good, you can always improvise. It’s very important to do that.

“However, skit-making has become a part of me; one which I can do at anytime, any moment, from sleep, it’s a go for me. I know how to put myself in tune. Yeah, both [stand-up comedy and skit-making] are lucrative. It just depends on how you channel… As a matter of fact, it’s not how hard you work but how smart you work.

“So, it’s not about making the most skit videos, it’s how well you channel the videos to the right plugs go brand them in such a way that in turn you get financial reward for them. I believe either skit-making or stand-up comedy can give you the financial gains you’re looking for.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
You Can’t Stand Beside Me And Say Something Negative About Davido - Sabinus
Forum | 1 day ago

You Can’t Stand Beside Me And Say Something Negative About Davido - Sabinus

Summer Camp Trailer: Diane Keaton, Kathy Bates & Alfre Woodard Lead Comedy Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Summer Camp Trailer: Diane Keaton, Kathy Bates & Alfre Woodard Lead Comedy Movie

Cora Bora Trailer: Meg Stalter Stars in Comedy Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Cora Bora Trailer: Meg Stalter Stars in Comedy Movie

Between The Temples Release Date Set for Jason Schwartzman Comedy Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Between The Temples Release Date Set for Jason Schwartzman Comedy Movie