UEFA Super Cup: They were weak against Sevilla – Guardiola takes dig at Manchester United

Forum 8 months ago

UEFA Super Cup: They were weak against Sevilla – Guardiola takes dig at Manchester United

Manchester City boss, Pep Guardiola has taken a sly dig at Manchester United while previewing his side’s upcoming UEFA Super Cup tie against Sevilla.

Man City, the reigning UEFA Champions League winners, will take on Sevilla, the reigning Europa League winners, in a stellar clash at the Karaiskakis Stadium on Wednesday.

Speaking to the media ahead of the clash, Guardiola said that his side are the frontrunners.

When asked about his thoughts on Sevilla beating Manchester United in the Europa League quarter finals last season, Guardiola said (via SPORTBible): “I have a feeling, excuse my arrogance, that Man City are favourites for the Super Cup.

“We have quality, but, of course, we know there are no favourites. I saw the second leg of Sevilla vs United; United were weak, Sevilla can be strong.”

Meanwhile, Guardiola has already listed 22 players for their UEFA Super Cup clash against Sevilla in Athens.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton

Euro 2024: UEFA to increase squad size to 26 players
Forum | 5 days ago

Euro 2024: UEFA to increase squad size to 26 players

FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino
Forum | 4 days ago

FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino