No decision yet on Waldrum’s future – NFF president, Gusau

Forum 8 months ago

No decision yet on Waldrum’s future – NFF president, Gusau

Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, president, Shehu Gusau has said the football house is yet to take a decision on the future of Super Falcons head coach, Randy Waldrum.

Waldrum and the NFF were involved in a bitter fight in the build up to the ongoing 2023 FIFA Women’s World in Australia and New Zealand.

Despite the discord, the Super Falcons put up a respectable showing at the competition, bowing out on penalties in the Round of 16 to the Three Lionesses of England.

Waldrum left the team’s hotel a few hours after the game against England and there are reports he might not get the chance to manage the Super Falcons again.

Gusau however stated that the technical committee will take a decision on the 66-year-old’s future soon.

”The issues of whether Randy is going to continue with the Super Falcons are the issues we are passing forward to the Technical Committee and which by the grace of God they are going to sit very soon and look at those areas and come out with what you will hear- whether he is continuing or not,” Gusau said during a peace parley between the NFF and the House Committee on Sports.

The Super Falcons will take on Ethiopia in a 2026 Olympic Games qualifier in October.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
LaLiga: Ancelotti opens up on future of Real Madrid’s wonderkid, Arda Guler
Forum | 1 day ago

LaLiga: Ancelotti opens up on future of Real Madrid’s wonderkid, Arda Guler

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja
Forum | 5 days ago

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 1 week ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu
Forum | 1 week ago

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu