Neymar completes move from PSG to Al Hilal

Forum 8 months ago

Neymar completes move from PSG to Al Hilal

Saudi Pro League side Al Hilal have confirmed the signing of superstar forward Neymar from Paris Saint-Germain.

90min understands that the Saudi Arabian club have paid €90m (£77.6m) for the 31-year-old's services, brining an end to his six-year stay at PSG. The Ligue 1 club made Neymar the most expensive footballer in history back in 2017, signing the player for £190m.

While the Brazilian won five Ligue 1 titles in Paris, he struggled with a number of muscle injuries throughout his time at the club, failing to make more than 22 league appearances in any of his six campaigns with the club.

Speaking to PSG's official website, club chairman and CEO Nasser Al-Khelaifi said: "It is inevitably difficult to say goodbye to a legend of the Club, which Neymar will be forever. I will never forget the day he arrived at Paris Saint-Germain, nor what he brought to our club and our project over the past six years.

"We have lived extraordinary moments and Neymar will always be part of our history. I would like to thank him and his family. We wish Neymar the best for the future and his next adventure."

Neymar has put pen to paper on a two-year deal in Saudi Arabia, and has picked the number 10 jersey to wear at Al Hilal.

Talks also remain on between PSG and Al Hilal over midfielder Marco Verratti, who could reunite with Neymar in the Middle East if the two clubs can agree on a fee.

Al Hilal have been incredibly active in the transfer market so far this summer, bringing in Kalidou Koulibaly, Ruben Neves, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic and Malcom already.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Actress Wumi Toriola Completes Master’s Degree at LAUTECH
Forum | 3 days ago

Actress Wumi Toriola Completes Master’s Degree at LAUTECH

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat
Forum | 1 week ago

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat

Champions League: I’ll score – Lamine Yamal predicts scoreline for PSG vs Barcelona
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Champions League: I’ll score – Lamine Yamal predicts scoreline for PSG vs Barcelona

I don’t care – PSG manager speaks on substituting Mbappe against Marseille
Forum | 3 weeks ago

I don’t care – PSG manager speaks on substituting Mbappe against Marseille