Transfer: Kepa Arrizabalaga hopes not to return to Stamford Bridge again

Forum 8 months ago

Transfer: Kepa Arrizabalaga hopes not to return to Stamford Bridge again

Chelsea goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga does not wish to return to the club after his loan spell at Real Madrid.

The Spaniard hopes to stay at the Spanish capital city club after his season-long loan deal from Chelsea expires later next year.

Kepa has gone to Real Madrid to provide cover for their No. 1, Thibaut Courtois, who is suffering from a serious ACL injury.

Chelsea signed the 28-year-old for a fee of £71 million in 2018.

Speaking in his first Real Madrid press conference, Kepa expressed his joy in leaving Stamford Bridge for the Santiago Bernabeu.

Asked if he wanted to turn his loan move into a permanent deal, Kepa said: “I hope so. Today is day one, and I’m here on loan, but we’ll have time, and we’ll see. I hope that with my effort and performance, this can happen.

“When I had the offer from Real Madrid, it was all clear to me. It’s true that I had other offers from big clubs, but the decision was quite quick and easy once this option came about.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Wolves table €12m bid for Osayi-Samuel
Forum | 5 hours ago

Transfer: Wolves table €12m bid for Osayi-Samuel

Championship: Ndidi celebrates Leicester City’s return to Premier League
Forum | 5 hours ago

Championship: Ndidi celebrates Leicester City’s return to Premier League

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 18 hours ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie
Forum | 2 days ago

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie