Seyi Vibez Copies Asake’s Music Style – Portable Slams Colleague

Forum 8 months ago

Seyi Vibez Copies Asake’s Music Style – Portable Slams Colleague

Controversial Nigerian singer, Habeeb Okikiola aka Portable, has slammed colleague, Seyi Vibez.

Portable alleged that Vibez is a copycat.

He said Vibez copies Asake’s style of music.

The ‘Zazu’ crooner made the claim while appearing on the latest episode of The Honest Bunch podcast, co-hosted by actor, Nedu.

He also revealed the cause of the rift between him and Seyi Vibez.

According to Portable: “Seyi [Vibez] copies Asake; Mr Money.

“When I blew up, Seyi [Vibes] begged me to perform at his show. I didn’t receive a dime. I even spread N500,000. I was injured and robbed at his concert by hoodlums. They took all my jewelry. I didn’t ask Seyi to compensate me. It was my manager that I blamed for bringing me to the show.

“But when I was about to headline my own show at Fela [African] Shrine, I invited Seyi Vibez [who just hit stardom then] and he snubbed me. That is the genesis of the beef between me and Seyi Vibez.”

He said he would continue to “fight” Seyi Vibez with his “talent” as long as award organisers keep nominating Seyi as “Best Street Artist” ahead of him.

Portable also took a swipe at artists who use streaming farms to manipulate the positions of their songs on digital streaming platforms.

“I’m not a farmer, I’m a fisherman. There are farmer musicians and there are also fisherman musicians. Farmer musicians use streaming farm to boost theirs positions on charts. An artist who is number one today, after one week he would be charting at 174. That’s show that streaming farm is real in our industry.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Seyi Law Lays Curses On X User Who Accused Him Of Leaving A Club With A Pr*stitute
Forum | 2 days ago

Seyi Law Lays Curses On X User Who Accused Him Of Leaving A Club With A Pr*stitute

I’m Tired of Reading Your Dumb Advice - Femi Adebayo’s Wife Slams Online Aunties
Forum | 3 days ago

I’m Tired of Reading Your Dumb Advice - Femi Adebayo’s Wife Slams Online Aunties

Singer, Portable Slams Wife, Bewaji, For Not Including Him In Her Birthday Message To Herself
Forum | 6 days ago

Singer, Portable Slams Wife, Bewaji, For Not Including Him In Her Birthday Message To Herself

Portable Continues To Drag His Wife Over Her Birthday Post
Forum | 6 days ago

Portable Continues To Drag His Wife Over Her Birthday Post