Rico Lewis signs new long-term Man City contract

Forum 8 months ago

Rico Lewis signs new long-term Man City contract

Manchester City full-back Rico Lewis has signed a new long-term contract with the club that will keep him at the Etihad Stadium until the summer of 2028.

Lewis made his senior City debut last August at the age of just 17 and went on to feature in 24 first-team games by the end of the historic treble season. The teenager, who doesn’t turn 19 until November, also started City’s Premier League opener away at Burnley last Friday.

"It’s been an unbelievable year for me and now to sign this contract is a dream come true," said Lewis, who hails from Bury, north Manchester.

"As a City fan I can remember watching us winning trophies when I was young and it’s the only place I’ve wanted to be. To know I’m going to be here until 2028 is fantastic and I can’t wait to keep working and keep improving.

"Everyone at the club has been so amazing, starting with the academy where I learnt so much and I am hugely grateful for everything they did. The fans have been brilliant too and I’ll give everything for them and the Club to try to keep us being successful."

City director of football Txiki Begiristain was full of kind words for Lewis.

"Rico is a really intelligent footballer and is already a mature and reliable member of the squad. He absorbs every single piece of information Pep [Guardiola] gives him, which for a player of his age is special," the club official explained.

"We are very proud to have watched his journey through the academy and to see him playing with such confidence in the first team. His energy and hunger around the squad is contagious and we believe he can help to bring more success in the coming years."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement
Forum | 11 hours ago

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement

FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job
Forum | 15 hours ago

FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 21 hours ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth