How I Slept In Port Harcourt Brothel 23 Years Ago – I Go Dye

Forum 8 months ago

How I Slept In Port Harcourt Brothel 23 Years Ago – I Go Dye

Nigerian comedian, Francis Agoda aka‘I Go Die’ has shared a very personal story about his journey to stardom.

He recounted how he spent a night at a brothel in Port Harcourt many years ago. 

Speaking via his verified Instagram account on Tuesday, the comedian disclosed that he could not afford to sleep in a hotel after he was invited for an event which paid him so little.

According to I Go Dye, he was paid 10,000 naira and did not know his feeding, accommodation and transportation were part of the money.

He said he had to beg a prostitute to allow him spend the night in her room for one thousand Naira.

Recounting the experience, he shared a throwback photo of that very day with the caption: “This picture Expresses a rare story of zeal and hope, this was 23years ago, Dec 26th 2000 with the producer of Nite of a thousand Laugh Mr Opa Williams at Port harcourt Nite of a thousand laugh event.

“On this day, I wasn’t able to sleep in an hotel because I was paid 10k months before the event, I didn’t knew my accommodation, transportation and feeding was part of the 10k .

“It was when I got to PH that I was informed, about my logistic.The cheapest hotel I could get was 5k and I only had 2k with me, 10k don almost finished since October when dem give me.

“The only option available was to cross to a joint where runs girls were staying , The one I met for accomodation requested for 1k but insisted that the space to sleep wil be available by 2am when all her customers don come finished so I agreed .

“After my performance I went there to sleep , my greatest surprise was that around 5am person still come knock door come wipe, she say make I wait for outside for 30munites, Na the noise make me go Water line that morning find motor when Dey go Warri.

“This is just a simple story for anyone to understand that no matter the difficulty you are going through today,there’s a brighter day ahead, we must keep faith live and believe in the beauty of our dreams . NOTE Chris Oyakhilome and Chris Okotie nor Fry hair reach me that year. Francis Agoda.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Taraba Tragedy: 12 Years Old Boy Shoots Younger Brother Dead In Jalingo
Forum | 3 days ago

Taraba Tragedy: 12 Years Old Boy Shoots Younger Brother Dead In Jalingo

28 Years Later Cast Adds Aaron Taylor Johnson & Ralph Fiennes
Forum | 3 days ago

28 Years Later Cast Adds Aaron Taylor Johnson & Ralph Fiennes

Lady Heartbroken After Finding Out That Boyfriend of 5 Years is Set to Marry Another Woman
Forum | 3 days ago

Lady Heartbroken After Finding Out That Boyfriend of 5 Years is Set to Marry Another Woman

Alleged University of Port Harcourt Lecturer Caught on Camera S3xually Harassing Female Student
Forum | 4 days ago

Alleged University of Port Harcourt Lecturer Caught on Camera S3xually Harassing Female Student