Transfer: Neymar rejects return to Barcelona because of one key reason

Forum 8 months ago

Transfer: Neymar rejects return to Barcelona because of one key reason

Paris Saint-Germain forward, Neymar has rejected a return to Barcelona this summer transfer window due to manager Xavi’s presence at the club, according to Fabrizio Romano.

Talking about Neymar on his podcast Here We Go, Romano revealed some insights on Neymar’s decision to reject Barcelona.

According to Romano, the Brazilian stated that he would not come back to Camp Nou as long as Xavi is the head coach.

Meanwhile, Neymar is keen to leave PSG this summer transfer window as he was left out of their squad that drew 0-0 against Lorient in a French Ligue 1 tie over the weekend.

The 31-year-old has reportedly agreed to a two-year deal with Saudi side Al Hilal, with PSG receiving a fee close to €100m.

Al Hilal have already recruited some high-profile players this summer, which includes the likes of Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Ruben Neves, Kalidou Koulibaly and former Barcelona winger Malcom.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Wolves table €12m bid for Osayi-Samuel
Forum | 1 day ago

Transfer: Wolves table €12m bid for Osayi-Samuel

Championship: Ndidi celebrates Leicester City’s return to Premier League
Forum | 1 day ago

Championship: Ndidi celebrates Leicester City’s return to Premier League

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 1 day ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie
Forum | 3 days ago

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie