Erik ten Hag makes transfer plea to Man Utd board

Forum 8 months ago

Erik ten Hag makes transfer plea to Man Utd board

Erik ten Hag has admitted that he wants Manchester United to make a few more signings during the summer transfer window.

The Red Devils have been one of the busier Premier League teams thus far this summer, spending big to sign Andre Onana, Mason Mount and Rasmus Hojlund before their first Premier League game of the season against Wolverhampton Wanderers.

There have also been plenty of outgoings too, with Anthony Elanga, David de Gea and Fred among the players let go, while Harry Maguire could be set to follow suit with the club recently accepting a £30m bid from West Ham United for the defender.

Speaking at his pre-match press conference ahead of Monday night's clash with Wolves, Ten Hag admitted that is keen to sign more players.

"I will always want more [players]! But I think every manager you could ask would also want more. But it is about the mentality; in top football we are talking about the demand, the absolute maximum. Because we demand that from our players and, in their defence, they expect it from us," he said.

"We are looking for the perfect situation but you never get the perfect situation. Then you have to come into your place and work for that, maybe with not the perfect situation but the perfect results."

With Maguire set to leave, Ten Hag may get his wish as 90min recently reported that Man Utd are set to enter the transfer market in search of some centre-back cover. Jean Clair-Todibo, Perr Schuurs, Jarrad Branthwaite and Edmond Tapsoba have all been linked, while the club are also in talks with Bayern Munich over Benjamin Pavard too.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd
Forum | 10 mins ago

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd

EPL: Rashford refuses Man Utd’s attempts to sell him
Forum | 18 mins ago

EPL: Rashford refuses Man Utd’s attempts to sell him

Uzoho relishes superb display against Man United at Old Trafford
Forum | 20 mins ago

Uzoho relishes superb display against Man United at Old Trafford

UCL: What happened at Man Utd – Ferdinand questions Sancho after outstanding display against PSG
Forum | 5 hours ago

UCL: What happened at Man Utd – Ferdinand questions Sancho after outstanding display against PSG