Brighton eye Lille star as Moises Caicedo replacement

Forum 8 months ago

Brighton eye Lille star as Moises Caicedo replacement

Brighton & Hove Albion have opened talks with Lille over the transfer of midfield starlet Carlos Baleba, 90min understands.

Baleba is regarded as one of the top young midfield prospects in Ligue 1 and Brighton are one of several sides who have been following him for months.

90min revealed in March that they were one of a number of Premier League clubs who were scouting the highly-rated teenager.

With Moises Caicedo ready to depart the club for Chelsea for a British-record £115m fee, Brighton are looking for his replacement and they have opted for Baleba.

Cameroon-born Baleba has been with Lille since 2022 when they picked him up from the Ecole de Football des Brasseries academy. He quickly progressed into the first-team and helped replace Amadou Onana last summer after he joined Everton. Now, Baleba is set to follow in Onana's foot-steps to the Premier League.

Sources have confirmed to 90min that Lille are looking for a fee of around €30m (£25.8m) and a deal is now close between the two clubs, with his representatives finalising personal terms.

Baleba featured in Lille's opening game of the season on Friday as they claimed a 1-1 draw at Nice, but that is set to be his final appearance for the club ahead of a move to Brighton this week.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
M3GAN 2.0 Cast Adds Ahsoka Star Ivanna Sakhno in Key Role
Forum | 7 hours ago

M3GAN 2.0 Cast Adds Ahsoka Star Ivanna Sakhno in Key Role

EPL: Sneijder warns Klopp’s replacement against signing many Dutch players
Forum | 10 hours ago

EPL: Sneijder warns Klopp’s replacement against signing many Dutch players

I
Forum | 14 hours ago

I'm Grateful to Big Brother for Making Me A Star – Ilebaye

UCL: He made it easy – Vinicius Jr hails Real Madrid star after scoring 2 against Bayern
Forum | 20 hours ago

UCL: He made it easy – Vinicius Jr hails Real Madrid star after scoring 2 against Bayern