Anthony Joshua knocks out Dillian Whyte’s replacement, Robert Helenius with brutal finish

Forum 8 months ago

Anthony Joshua knocks out Dillian Whyte’s replacement, Robert Helenius with brutal finish

Two-time heavyweight champion, Anthony Joshua, on Saturday night, knocked out Dillian Whyte’s late replacement Robert Helenius with a brutal finish at London’s O2 Arena.

Joshua was due to fight British heavyweight rival, Whyte in a long-awaited rematch but ‘The Body Snatcher’ failed a drug test a week before the bout.

However, Finland’s Helenius stepped in at short notice but was no match for Joshua.

Joshua controlled the early rounds without dazzling before stopping his opponent in the seventh with a devastating right-hander to the jaw.

The 33-year-old was stunned by a late replacement in 2019 as Andy Ruiz took advantage of a chance of a lifetime to become world heavyweight champion, but Helenius was unable to produce a similar upset at the O2.

“People need to leave me alone, this is my time in the ring. Let me keep doing what I want to do,” Joshua told DAZN after the bout.

“I don’t want to say too much, but I want to see you [the fans] again two more times this year.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Chippa United target Black Stars goalie as potential replacement for Nwabali
Forum | 1 week ago

Chippa United target Black Stars goalie as potential replacement for Nwabali

Peter Obi Knocks 2024 Budget, Calls For Focus On Citizens
Forum | 1 week ago

Peter Obi Knocks 2024 Budget, Calls For Focus On Citizens' Welfare

EPL: Anthony Martial to leave Man Utd as free agent
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: Anthony Martial to leave Man Utd as free agent