Photos: Meet John Waweru, Kenyan Man With The Longest Nails In Africa; See How Much He Makes Daily!

Forum 7 years ago

Photos: Meet John Waweru, Kenyan Man With The Longest Nails In Africa; See How Much He Makes Daily!

A 34-year-old Kenyan man is planning to make history as he aims for the Guinness World Records as the person with the longest nails on earth.

John Waweru has grown his nail 30 centimetre-long nails on his left hand as he prepares to achieve the feat. He is probably the man with the longest nails in the world.

“This is my job, this is what feeds me. I go to the beaches and tourists pay to see the fingernails. I also go to places like Agricultural Society of Kenya (ASK) shows, get-togethers and schools where people pay to see my nails,”the Mombasa-based man told the Daily Nation.

Waweru said that the nails earn him between KSh 2,000 and KSh 10,000 a day. Now, he has built a four roomed Swahili house and started a nail salon for manicure and pedicure from the income.

Because of his ambition, Waweru can neither cook nor wash his clothes. He also stopped covering himself with a bed-sheet while sleeping in order to avoid breaking the nails.

The Guinness World Record is being held by India’s Shridhar Chillal. Chillal was in 2015 recognised by Guinness World Records as the person with the longest fingernails on a single hand ever.

Shridhar Chillal hold the Guinness World Records as the person with the longest nails in the world

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
EPL: Arteta advises Man Utd on sacking Ten Hag
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Arteta advises Man Utd on sacking Ten Hag

DJ Cuppy hints at marrying an Indian man amid difficulty in finding husband
Forum | 2 days ago

DJ Cuppy hints at marrying an Indian man amid difficulty in finding husband

The Man With Miraculous Hands Cast: Andy Serkis Joins Woody Harrelson in WWII Thriller
Forum | 3 days ago

The Man With Miraculous Hands Cast: Andy Serkis Joins Woody Harrelson in WWII Thriller

EPL: Man City go top of table ahead of Man Utd vs Arsenal
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Man City go top of table ahead of Man Utd vs Arsenal