Rasmus Hojlund explains why Cristiano Ronaldo is his idol

Forum 8 months ago

Rasmus Hojlund explains why Cristiano Ronaldo is his idol

Rasmus Hojlund has explained that Cristiano Ronaldo's "mentality" is the reason the ex-Manchester United and Real Madrid superstar is his footballing idol.

The Danish striker recently followed in Ronaldo's footsteps by signing for Man Utd, putting pen to paper on a five-year deal at Old Trafford after making a £72m move from Atalanta last week.

Hojlund will be tasked with leading the Man Utd frontline over the course of the next few years, something Ronaldo had a lot of success doing during, in particular, his first spell at the club. Ronaldo's time at Old Trafford is the stuff of legend at this point, with the forward bagging 145 goals for the club and winning a Ballon d'Or with the Red Devils.

When asked if Ronaldo was his idol because of the legendary Portuguese striker's mentality or his quality on the ball by MUTV, Hojlund replied: "I think both. Definitely his mentality, you know, he had a rough childhood and he came through it.

"He wanted to be the best, and he put that out there very early. I think there's an interview with Anderson, [Rio] Ferdinand and Ronaldo where there was a reporter who asked them who the best football player in the world is and he just said 'me' and I liked this mentality.

"He just put it out there and said at least that he wanted to be the best, and that's the same mentality I go for. I want to be the best version of myself."

Man Utd fans will have to wait a little while to see their new star striker in action this season, with the club confirming that Hojlund will miss a few weeks due to an injury sustained during pre-season at his previous club Atalanta.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Why Man United did not want to sell Ronaldo to Real Madrid
Forum | 5 hours ago

Transfer: Why Man United did not want to sell Ronaldo to Real Madrid

Rebel Moon Franchise Could Be 4-6 Movies, Explains Zack Snyder
Forum | 1 week ago

Rebel Moon Franchise Could Be 4-6 Movies, Explains Zack Snyder

BBNaija Star Omashola Explains Why Fake Money Was Sprayed at His Wedding
Forum | 2 weeks ago

BBNaija Star Omashola Explains Why Fake Money Was Sprayed at His Wedding

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice: Geena Davis Explains Why She’s Not in Tim Burton’s Sequel
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice: Geena Davis Explains Why She’s Not in Tim Burton’s Sequel