Man Utd give Rasmus Hojlund injury update

Forum 8 months ago

Man Utd give Rasmus Hojlund injury update

Manchester United have confirmed that new signing Rasmus Hojlund will be out of action for a "few weeks" due to an injury sustained in pre-season.

The Red Devils announced Hojlund's arrival from Serie A side Atalanta at the weekend, with the player signing a five-year deal at Old Trafford after United agreed to part ways with £72m for his services.

Hojlund comes to Manchester as one of the most highly-touted young strikers in Europe following a breakout campaign at both club and international level, and has been signed to lead United's forward line under Erik ten Hag.

But fans may have to wait for little while longer before they see their new mega money signing in action as the club have confirmed Hojlund won't be involved right away.

"It's likely to be a few weeks before we see him with his boots on, due to a small issue he sustained in pre-season with his former club. Rasmus’s recovery is progressing well however, and we already know he’ll be itching to get out there as soon as possible," a statement explained.

In an interview with the club's official website, Hojlund expressed his excitement at signing for United and revealed that the chance to play in the Premier League was a key reason he decided to join the Old Trafford club.

"That’s also why I come here. I know it’s the most competitive league in the world," he said. "Playing for Man United has always been my dream. So, this is two very important components which make me take this decision to come here. [I’m] just looking forward to start working and getting on the pitch."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 1 day ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 1 day ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances