You Don't Qualify to Be A Man If You Beat Women – Pete Edochie

Forum 8 months ago

You Don't Qualify to Be A Man If You Beat Women – Pete Edochie

Veteran Nollywood actor, Pete Edochie has warned men not to beat their women.

According to him, any man that beats a woman doesn't qualify to be a man.

His reaction comes after Nigerians condemned his son Yul Edochie for taking a seoond wife.

In an interview with media personality, Chude Jideonwo, Pete also explained why he's not against polygamy.

Speaking about taking a second wife, Pete revealed there was no need for a second wife because his wife had already given him five sons.

The thespian stated he wouldn’t condemn polygamy, as people who take second wives have reasons for their choices.

He further cited an example of a man whose wife denied him s3x which compelled him to marry a second wife.

Pete Edochie added that he never witnessed his father mistreating his mother, so he grew up respecting and loving women.

He said, “The people who take second wives know best why they take second wives. I don’t have any need for a second wife. For me, I mean I have a wife who has given me five sons, what am I going to look for a second wife for? No it’s not necessary. I will not condemn polygamy, no, because people have their reasons for what they do, right. I know a man who has one wife and she is a very proud woman and she just keeps denying him s3x you know, and so he went out, saw a pretty girl who sells petrol, fell in love with her or confessed love to her and went to her father, paid the bride price. Rented an apartment for her and she was making babies for him and then the wife kept preventing him from getting intimate with her and all that.

“One day, the man just left the house, came back with this woman and 3 sons, ‘This is my second wife o, so you have to cope with it.’ My wife just came in now, she’s a lawyer. I have lived with this woman for the past 53 years. Nobody has ever come in here to say ‘oh please Pete stop beating her, you will kill her’. No, why? I never saw my father beat my mother so I cannot say I learnt from my father how to beat mama, No, I did not. I love women a great deal and I respect them. If I see any young man beating up a woman, oh my God. You know, I just think you don’t qualify to be a man.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 21 hours ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 1 day ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances