Teni Named Spotify’s ‘EQUAL Africa’ Artiste For August

Forum 8 months ago

Teni Named Spotify’s ‘EQUAL Africa’ Artiste For August

Nigerian musician, Teni has been named Spotify's ‘EQUAL Africa’ artiste for August.

According to the music streaming service, EQUAL is Spotify’s program aimed at highlighting and amplifying the voices of African female artistes.

On Monday, Phiona Okumu, Spotify’s head of music for sub-Saharan Africa, said Teni’s unique style, dedication, and growing fanbase make her an inspiration in the music industry.

Okumu added Teni is one of the most sought-after names in the African music sphere.

“We are delighted to have Teni as our EQUAL Africa programme ambassador for August,” she said.

“The uniqueness of her music, dedication to her craft and growing fandom truly spotlights her as an inspiration in the African music scene.

“Celebrating Teni and her musical journey definitely aligns with our commitment to recognising the unique experiences of female artistes through their music; from all corners of the continent.

“Teni’s selection as EQUAL Africa ambassador further solidifies her position as one of Africa’s leading musical talents.”

On her part, Teni pledged to use her platform to advocate for more opportunities for women to succeed.

“To be honest, it is not easy but thanks to initiatives like the EQUAL Africa programme which helps to spotlight more female talents,” she said.

“We can make more progress. I would keep using my platform to push and make space for opportunities like these to help more female talents to thrive.”

Teni gained prominence in 2017 with the release of the single ‘Fargin’.

She has won strings of awards and honorary mentions since then.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
African Games 2023 medal ranking: Egypt tops list, Nigeria ahead of Ghana, other countries
Forum | 1 month ago

African Games 2023 medal ranking: Egypt tops list, Nigeria ahead of Ghana, other countries

African Games 2023: Falconets pip Uganda 2-0 to seal final spot
Forum | 1 month ago

African Games 2023: Falconets pip Uganda 2-0 to seal final spot

I’m Not Your Typical Nigerian Artiste – Rapper, Illbliss Boasts
Forum | 1 month ago

I’m Not Your Typical Nigerian Artiste – Rapper, Illbliss Boasts

African Games 2023: Falconets battle Uganda for final spot
Forum | 1 month ago

African Games 2023: Falconets battle Uganda for final spot