Olunloyo, Ex-CDS, 116 others get NSE fellowship

Forum 8 months ago

Olunloyo, Ex-CDS, 116 others get NSE fellowship

The Nigerian Society of Engineers has conferred fellowship on 118 of its members, the immediate past former Chief of Defence Staff of Nigeria and former governor of old Oyo State, Omololu Olunloyo.

The award was conferred on the engineers at the Quarterly Dinner and Conferment of Fellowship held recently, according to a statement signed by NSE Public Relations Officer, Ibrahim Aliyu.

In his welcome address, the Nigeria Society of Engineers President, Tasiu Gidari-Wudil, eulogised the new fellows of the society for their contribution to the development of the engineering profession.

According to him, the fellows now have the responsibility of being NSE’s ambassadors by delivering valuable services to the development of the nation, adding that they have also acquired the responsibility of being role models to younger engineers and to those who need their inspiration to join the engineering profession.

He said, “Let me start by congratulating our dear distinguished conferees for achieving the feat of attaining the prestigious fellowship cadre of our noble society. Upon your conferment as a fellow, you will become a member of the NSE College of Fellows, a privilege that signals the commencement of another journey of responsibility to society; the responsibility of carrying yourself with the dignity that the fellowship status bestows, of doubling your efforts at participating in NSE activities and making contributions to the growth of the society.

“Importantly, you must know that you have also acquired the responsibility of being a role model to younger engineers, and to those who need inspiration to join the engineering profession.”

The PUNCH reports that the society uses its conferment ceremonies as an occasion to focus on burning issues of the day and to sensitise and inform the public on such issues.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Ex-Oyo Governor, Olunloyo Debunks Death Rumour, Says I’m Alive
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Ex-Oyo Governor, Olunloyo Debunks Death Rumour, Says I’m Alive

I
Forum | 2 months ago

I'm About to End It All - Kemi Olunloyo Cries Out, Shares Last Message

You Dumped The Twins With Nannies Again And Went To The Club – Kemi Olunloyo Slams Davido And Chioma
Forum | 3 months ago

You Dumped The Twins With Nannies Again And Went To The Club – Kemi Olunloyo Slams Davido And Chioma

You Grew Up Around A Mother Who Dated Lagos Governors And Pastors, So That’s All You Know – Kemi Olunloyo Slams Priscilla Ojo Following Her Recent Interview
Forum | 5 months ago

You Grew Up Around A Mother Who Dated Lagos Governors And Pastors, So That’s All You Know – Kemi Olunloyo Slams Priscilla Ojo Following Her Recent Interview